Primitive, Country and Rustic
Craft Show Tips
Primitive, Country and Rustic Craft Show Display Ideas, Antique Wood Bottle Crate
Use antique wood bottle crates to create an eye-catching display for miniatures and other small items. You will need to brace them on breezy days at outdoor shows. Warning---Customers will try to buy your crates!
- Foam egg cartons make packing and protecting small items easy. Also, see Ornament Storage Tips.
- Place your flat wire products between sheets of corrugated cardboard to prevent bending.
- Keep journals. A few minutes of downtime at a show is the perfect time to write a few words and phrases. Make notes about the show---your products that sold well and which ones did not, the weather and customer requests. Use them later to decide whether to set-up at the show again and what to pack. Jot down ideas for new projects or updating old ones. Review your notebooks to see what you have accomplished and refresh your memory about projects. It can give you just the boost you need to create more.
- Spend an evening surfing the web. Enjoy viewing what others are doing or talking about, answer a question on a forum or learn a new skill or technique that you may apply to your own projects.
- Pack a camera. Take pictures of displays that catch your eye. Pick the features that you like best and use them to modify your own set-up. Always ask permission first.
- Review common objects in your home that you may use for displays. Really look at your things as if they belonged to someone else. Ask a friend to help.
- Shop a yard sale with displays in mind.
Build Your Business
- Collect email addresses. Make up a flier on your computer that lists your website name, if you have one, your email address and featured products and services. Ask your customers to add your email to their address books so that your messages will not be sent to their junk mail or trash folders. Develop another form asking your visitors for their email addresses and other information. Invest in a few clipboards to hold your forms and keep them in your check out area. Keep your customers up to date on new products and where you will be showing them.